Race Postponed until Wed 4th December 1200 UTC

Hi race fans! If you have not heard already, the race has been postponed until Wednesday the 4th December because of the weather. In order for us to be safe and to not crash into any land….Africa…..El Hierro etc we need three good days of wind to give us a bit of help to achieve this. The weather has been really mixed for the last week and a good reliable wind has not been forthcoming. Atlantic Campaigns must ensure our safety over and above everything else so for now we are stuck in San Sebastian. It has rained hard today so other than being warm I think we are having similar weather to you back in the UK??? NOT??

Nick and I are obviously very disappointed not to be leaving tomorrow but it does give us more time to fiddle with the boat and check everything again to make sure we have covered every eventuality. Some teams are relieved that the start is delayed as boats still have technical problems to be solved….this means we should have a complete start on Wednesday.

We will keep you posted as often as we can. Thanks, Ed and Nick